Ramblings of a 30 something

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Recommitting to blog.


Okay, so I don't post often. It goes without saying. Should I apologize for it? I could go so PA (passive aggressive) on my readers and say that I'm sorry that I haven't posted in forever. I'm just trying to raise a child, and I can't seem to find enough time, and ---this is where the eyes go misty and anime-ed---I'm sorry that I can't do everything to suit everyone. First a single tear rolls down from the corner of my eye, and you the reader is so sorry that you mentioned that I haven't been posting. But, I won't do that.

Life is what it is. I have no recollection really of where the last 8 months have gone. Settling in, visiting family, trying to figure out who the good doctors are, getting E settled into a hoikuen (day care) that I like. Playgroup, making friends, having people over, trying new recipes with foods I didn't grow up with, that all takes some time. But, I have enjoyed it. Okay, there are nights when I can't come up with anything to make for dinner, and I go to the store and buy ready made stuff that just needs eating, or heating and eating.

E is currently being bathed by Dad. I hear her screams as he's probably trying to pour water on her head or alternately trying to coax her out of the tub. Or she's telling him some story that's a mix of English, Japanese, and her own tongue. She cracks herself up at times. So, in turn, we find ourselves laughing. She's since exited the tub and is being lotioned up as I type this hurriedly. I know I only have a couple more moments of uninterrupted typing time, before she tells me it's time for bed. Okay, so I don't have a couple moments. She's come into the room, dripping, with the nail polish telling me that she needs "Paint." And, honestly, the past several nights I've promised to touch up her toenails. Tonight I think she'll be holding me to that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

It's nice to see you posting and pictures of the baby. Please keep us updated! :)

Love you!

12:06 AM  
Blogger RC said...

It' so odd that Emi is growing so fast...or so it seems, it baffles my head.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Keef said...

She lives....A mind is a terrible thing to waste, so write girl, write....Love the pic of E

12:02 PM  
Blogger bethyl said...

Indeed, I do live. And, at the moment I seem to be thriving. I hope to continue on this path. I found myself singing along to the radio on my way back from getting my hair did on Tuesday. It's also always nice to pick up E from daycare and she comes running, "Mommymommmymommy!"

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home