Ramblings of a 30 something

Friday, August 31, 2007

TV, how I love you.

The TV is babysitting E while I type this up. Actually, I do not consider it babysitting at this point. It is a public service that I pay for, and I paid for the dvd that is currently playing. And, I just want a little down time.

Today a couple neighbor friends came by and it was good to catch up and laugh. Actually there were a lot of laughs. I tried to describe some of my recent language escapades of trying to explain to a guy that his work truck was blocking the street and I couldn't get through. About the only thing I really managed to accomplish was saying over and over, "I can't drive." Finally he decided to come out and see what I was talking about and then moved his vehicle so that I could get through. The old woman pulling her wheeled groceries that I had overtaken prior on the street got past me probably thinking, "I might be old but I'm small."

Today F is working late so I have some rice cooking. Beyond that, I'm defrosting some curry that I had leftover before. I need to take an overdue dvd back to the store---I never got around to watching it. That will be my confidence builder or buster for the day. I guess there's not much to say outside of apologizing that it's late and waiting for them to tell me how much I need to pay.

I'm going to a friend's on Sunday who is moving back to the U.S. suddenly. She'll be working at an immersion school in Seattle, her old stomping grounds. I have decided to try a new recipe that I've been looking at for a while, and I sure hope it's good. Black Pearl Layer Cake will contain wasabi, ginger, and sesame seeds. I became interested in the recipe because I bought chocolate from the chocolatier in Chicago who came up with the recipe. I liked the chocolate, why not try the cake?

I feel I haven't been getting my TV quotient lately though. It seems as though I'm mainly watching E's videos, doing an exercise vid, or catching a small bit of CNN. I need to exercise today....I'm feeling quite sluggard-like and ate a bunch of snacks this afternoon that weren't the best choice. I just want to have a lie down in front of the tv and let the evening pass though.

Okay, up I go. Got to do something lest I become attached to the kitchen chair here in front of the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home