Ramblings of a 30 something

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First day back at school.

Today was my first day back teaching at my regular job. I was substituting today for a teacher who hasn't returned from holidays yet, and it was my first time with these particular students: 3 little girls, aged 4.

I realized how incredibly rusty I was and my Japanese team teacher did a lot (read MOST) of the teaching today. I had gotten their snack together and asked about what song we needed to sing before we ate. I started in on a song and I realized part of the way through that that wasn't it. So, it was a game then of making up songs until the light bulb would eventually dawn in my brain. I kept asking, "Are you sure that's not it?" as I tried to recall what we did sing. Eventually it came to me. All's well that ends well.

Now I'm trying to sort out what I'm doing at E's daycare for tomorrow's classes. With school back in session, I should have my normal number of kids there and all classes rather than combining the two older classes because so many of the kids have been away. Slowly it will come to me....any recommendations for a website with a dismembered teddy bear so that I don't have to make my own?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home