Ramblings of a 30 something

Saturday, August 02, 2008

More books for thought.

I'm reading how many books at once at the moment? 3 or more, I think. Can I keep them straight? Not really, but they are all things that I want to read at the moment.

Women and Money: Owning the Power to Control Your Destiny by Suze Orman

As I'm trying to streamline our finances and get all things in order on paper and in files, this is very helpful. It's made me actually look at the percentage rates of our accounts and see how little they're making. Next step is to wiggle things around and get the money in accounts that are actually yielding something more.

12 Simple Secrets Real Moms Know by Michele Borba

Sort of written in response to Perfect Madness where the moms all seem to be running around at the speed of sound trying to give their child every opportunity. I'm not so far in at the moment, but it resonates with me about focusing on what is important and not falling under the spell of what every other kid is doing.

Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert

Enlightening but not self-help and speaks about happiness and how our brains work to seek it/predict it.

What are you reading?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home