Ramblings of a 30 something

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Date.

This was the view from our table on Saturday. F arranged for his sister to watch E while we had a date. He made a reservation for this restaurant perched on the 52nd floor of the Towers. While it wouldn't have mattered to me as long as it wasn't our usual spot where we wolfed down food with Emi, it was very thoughtful of him to find something special.

In addition to this special lunch, I had a gift waiting for me after we left from his folks' place--a new necklace that he had put in the glove box of the car. Again, it wouldn't have mattered what it was. It was that there was thought put into it and that it wasn't a rushed matter that seemed to be thrown together at the last minute.

I often play detective to see how much thought/money/time went into something, but I decided that I would not let myself ruin my own gift. So what if he bought it on the way home from work the previous day? I just didn't care. I took the gift for what it was: a thoughtful gift, a moment to acknowledge and appreciate me. While I don't expect extravagance at all times, it is nice to be reminded that you are worth more than the daily drudgery of laundry, meals wolfed down, and basic needs met.

3 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

Very nice, glad to hear you guys had a good time!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Awww, that's great Betty!

9:17 AM  
Blogger coarse gold girl said...

I told my DH that I knew someone whose husband had taken her out on a date and given her a gift.

He gave me the look.

Then he said, "I work hard and I come home every night."

--Glad you and your DH had a nice date.

Laura

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home