Ramblings of a 30 something

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Behind.


So, this was the view from our camping a couple weekends ago. I went for a short walk after our trip to the store to requisition meals for the evening. It had been threatening rain, and it came as promised later at night and continued throughout the next morning. We eventually packed up, enjoyed some same sex public nudity at the hot spring spa, and drove home. Well, I rode and dozed, so it was an especially good time for me.
Lately my life has become a schedule of events which has left me wanting to toss in the towel that I just was given. I am trying to keep in mind that multi-tasking is not all it's cracked up to be. Our friends with XY chromosomes, though I fault them for not being able to focus on more than one thing at a time, may have a better coping strategy. Simply focus on what you're doing, and don't think about all the other stuff that needs doing. I've returned to making lists so that I keep track of what I need to do. Now, I just have to keep track of the lists!
Today I got my first pay stub in the mail, and there is something about making your own money that cannot be beat. While it was only for 4 mornings of work, it was still a tidy enough sum for me to feel proud of myself. I wonder at times about working more, but I also worry about leaving E in daycare more than she is now. I guess lots of people don't have options and they simply work to live and can't afford the luxury of thinking about whether or not they should work more. No complaining.
Well, it's off for story time and hopefully bedtime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home