Ramblings of a 30 something

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I got nothing.

That seems to be the phrase that my friend and I use when there's really nothing to report, but we're just calling because well we want to make contact with one another. We can carry on about catching up on the latest news or happenings, then it's a bit of silence, and "I got nothing."

I feel like that's where I am at the moment. I've had little energy this week, and I'm not sure why. I've had a sore tongue (how's that for precise?) and a low grade disastisfaction with things along with a slight fever. I'm trying to "gaman", as my countrymen would say. What is that exactly? Endure? Suffer in silence?

I have work tomorrow and hope to be having some variety of Mexican inspired dinner because I have taco shells to use before they go completely stale. Beyond that, Friday is a coffee morning with friends which may lead to lunch at an Indonesian place. F has a nomikai, a drinking outing, to either welcome or bid farewell to someone in his department. At this point, I don't remember and it's irrelevant.

He's been working later this week. While in theory, I don't necessarily object and realize it's a part of life, I also need a break from a small person on occasion. Last night in the tub we were repeating, "Mental Mommy" or a variety thereof. "Mommy is mental." "Mental Mommy" "Mommy needs a break before she becomes mental." Later E announced that she needed a break as well. Duly noted.

I think I should hit the hay. I did a rough edit for the next journal that is coming out next month and think I did okay. Maybe I should re-read the guidelines and browse through it again tomorrow on my trip into work. We'll see how it goes. I got nothing.

2 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

Sounds like a lot of something to me.

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home